Perth Girl About Town

27 September 2010

Laser Tag

At work I am responsible for organising all of our corporate social events. It came be quite a daunting task trying to please everyone when there is a mixed bunch of people. Lately we have been having quite a few sundowners so I wanted to try and do something which is away from alcohol and also gets us away from the office.



After going through my options I finally decided on playing laser tag. Laser tag is something that most people have done before but not since they were around 10 years old!


We went to Darkzone in Northbridge and I have to say, it was one of the most fun activities that I have done in a while! We had a group of about 20 and payed to have the place locked out. This meant that we didn’t have anybody else in the venue at the time we were there. For those not familiar with laser tag, the objective of the game is to shoot people of other teams (there are 3 in total) and to shoot each other’s base. You wear a vest with panels on it that the other teams aim for and you all hold a laser gun.


With activities like this it is hard to know how much people will get involved or if they will think it is silly. I was quite surprised then to see everybody’s competitive side come out as we ran around the darkened room shooting lasers at each other. At the Darkzone in Northbridge, there is an upstairs component and a downstairs area. Believe me when I say you will get hot and sweaty playing this game!


We had a group of people in their 20’s/30’s and everybody had a fantastic time. I think I had more fun now than I did when I was younger!


So for those that watch ‘How I Met Your Mother’, Barney said it best when he said it was “Legend, wait for it….ARY!”


1 comment:

  1. Experience the thrill of outdoor laser tag skirmish in a new and exciting way.
    It’s an ideal activity for kids and teenagers birthday parties!
    Mobile laser tag is an exciting, new and fun way to experience the thrill of outdoor skirmish.

    laser tag chatswood

    ReplyDelete