Perth Girl About Town

18 November 2010

Telethon 2010

I had never been to a Telethon before so when it rolled around again I made the effort to head down there. It is now filmed from the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and has been for the past few years. Remember when it was filmed at the studios in Dianella? 
Anyway, We arrived at about 10pm and didn't think there would be a lot of people waiting but boy were we wrong! There was a line about 200metres long to get in which curled around the entrance and so you couldn't even see the front of the queue! 
I went for a bit of a walk to ask a security guard how long the wait would roughly be before we got inside the theatre. Luckily for me they must have liked the look of me as they pointed me to a shorter line, yay!  
So after moving to the shorter line and paying our donation for entry, it took about 10 minutes for us to be able to proceed into the theatre. 
It was pretty interesting actually. You see a lot more of the sidelines that aren't broadcast and I was surprised to see the television "stars" moving away from the desk and giving people their autographs. Did anyone see the guy who was on the cross trainer for 24 hours straight? I have a picture of him below. I am not sure how he went, did anyone see if he finished? Good on him if he did, that would have been hard work!




We ended up staying about an hour, I was starting to get tired and we had a big day the next day with both sets of parents coming to our house to discuss the wedding.Speaking of which, less than 6 months to go until the big day now! Exciting times!....

No comments:

Post a Comment